Sunday, April 15, 2012

Follow-up: Create a puzzle from the word/phrase...

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2012/03/create-puzzle-from-wordphrase.html

The Task

Create a new style of puzzle such as Sudoku, word find, or a crossword based off of the random word/phrase provided.

Random Word/Phrase

Send Away
 

My Creation

Send away to me indicates that there should be arrows that lead out of a puzzle grid. I used this simple idea to lead me to a puzzle where you are given an empty cell in the middle and must determine which of the eight directions (including diagonals) will result in being sent away off of the grid.

Puzzle Solution
clip_image001 clip_image002
A copy of this puzzle can be found in my SkyDrive as sendAway1.
 

Notes

This puzzle type is best compared to mazes since the goal is to follow a path given to you. Mentally speaking, the puzzle isn't very noteworthy. Even with the simplicity, I intend to share additional puzzles in the future. Perhaps I can find room for variants.
 

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped in your head regarding this exercise.

About Sharing

Anyone using any specific Send Away puzzles that I create should give me credit. I will not demand credit for any Send Away puzzles made by others. I don’t demand credit for developing the puzzle type, but nobody else should claim responsibility unless they legitimately came to the same conclusion for the puzzle type. If this is the case, they should not claim sole responsibility for development of this type of puzzle. Unless otherwise specified, similar guidelines should apply to solutions from other contributors.

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGt1WkloZTNrXy02UUwwU1BMZExJOFE6MQ

Responses to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Agcdh--NHOS0dFhVa1YwVUZlbUZXSDdNWlZzZHBYUWc&output=html

No comments:

Post a Comment