Sunday, September 15, 2013

Follow-up: Send Away #9

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2013/08/send-away-9.html

The Task

Solve Send Away #9

You are given an empty cell in the middle and must determine which of the eight directions (including diagonals) will result in being sent away off of the grid.

Solution

Send Away #9 PDF

 

Notes

This puzzle took me in two new directions. The first was the multi-directional arrows. The other was the use of an image. Unfortunately, I forgot to check the name attached to the image and picked a picture that I didn’t take myself (I’m sure she will let me use it). I took too much inspiration from my Hanjie/Nonogram puzzles. I knew that it would be better with an outline, but I didn’t properly take into account the direction of the lines. One last problem that I hope not to repeat: I knew from the beginning that I wouldn’t allow cells to be repeated, but I failed to properly work that into the puzzle. I should do better years in the future when I finally give myself a second chance, but I still believe that this is an improvement over previous Send Away puzzles.

 

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped into your head regarding this exercise.

 

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFOYXZ2dnNYSDZiQUpESkFRUUgzaHc6MA
Response to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Agcdh--NHOS0dFFOYXZ2dnNYSDZiQUpESkFRUUgzaHc&output=html

No comments:

Post a Comment