Sunday, November 15, 2015

Follow-up: Add letters to complete the text

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2015/10/add-letters-to-complete-text.html

The Task

Add one letter to each blank space to create text related to the random word/phrase provided. Words can wrap between lines. Spaces and punctuation can be inserted anywhere.
 _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  Q  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 
 _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  J  _  _  _  _  X  _  _  O  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 
 _  _  Y  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  H  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 
 N  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  K  _  _  _  Z  _  Q  _  _  _  _  M  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 
 _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  F  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 
 L  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  L  _  Z  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _ 

Random Word/Phrase

Reprises

My Completed Work

In middle school, a quiz early on was repeated as a near-June exam. Oh, how lovely. I expected the one hundred for both. New partook quiz equals my old with two wrong. I'm fairly sure the test was flawed. A realized hundred confirmed.

This was a hard one for me to start. I saw the z and q and realized that would be the toughest part. Those two letters made me think quiz, but I wanted to look at options first. Since there aren't a lot of z_q words, I felt they had to be divided. The Z could be a double z (buzz) or a ze (daze). Q could either be the start (quite) or second letter (equal). Quiz actually fit. If I followed with equals (the new results for the quiz equals my new scores), I could talk about a test that I had to repeat in school. Or maybe I should say the school reprises that test.

The following M could easily be used for My. The preceding K was a problem. Due to the nature of the exercise, I felt that I could take a bit of a liberty. I believe partaken is the correct word, but partook fit. That locked in the subject for me.

There are a few other liberties. I struggled with the J. Since the second test was near the end of the school year, I figured that I could get away with near-June. I also didn't have the space to clarify that I was talking about one hundred percent. Hopefully, most people could guess that one. Realized fit so well, but I didn't have enough space to properly finish the story. It wasn't my realized hundred that confirmed that the test was flawed.

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped in your head regarding this exercise. I do not provide space to those who visit my blog. If you would like to share your image, you are going to have to find your own online storage. At that point, you can provide links with your comments.

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1UM08n5gLCXV9jC8fmEKn0iVpWJmPfs2-zZ7rWxW0ZuU/viewform?usp=send_form
Responses to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqfRYPWg-orxFmCihvV-QAL-_MHcTQhLQJZZzyLJMok/pubhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment