Sunday, January 15, 2017

Follow-up: Are you biased?

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2016/12/are-you-biased.html

The Task

Answer the question: Are you biased?

Try to figure out whether or not you maintain beliefs and opinions that make it difficult to approach neutrality regarding various issues.

As with all questions regarding who you are, this question is more challenging and more valuable if you are honest with yourself.


My Answer

I'm human. I'm biased. Pretty much all of my strong opinions such as my educational beliefs and frustrations with America make it difficult to accept alternative views. I usually try to acknowledge my bias when it appears, and compensation is common for me. Of course, it's impossible to match the amount of compensation perfectly with the bias due to the subconscious nature.

Notes

If you read my blog posts throughout the year, you will know that I am willing to answer this question for everybody. You are biased. If you say that you are not, you need to figure out what is keeping you from seeing the truth about yourself. Originally, this concept was meant to be followed up, but development of new mental exercises was put on hold. If you would like, you can go look deeper into your bias and create a list of your biggest influences.

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped in your head regarding this exercise.

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_y-6YuYeel-jybttR8Bz8PA28mBloE6UumCTOTJSQxXyxfQ/viewform?usp=send_form
Responses to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KoktJEjB1qEW_xbMRXVmnKLmhcWXUfTs6gPV6NKBJNs/pubhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment