Saturday, December 15, 2012

Follow-up: Are you happy?

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2012/11/are-you-happy.html

The Task

Answer the question: Are you happy?

In many ways, happiness is the ultimate goal in life. Unfortunately, most people don't actually know if they are happy. We are bombarded so much with what we should think that whether or not we consider ourselves happy has more to do with outside influences rather than our actual feelings. We need to look past those influences so that we can understand ourselves.

My Answer

I actually answered this in my earlier review of myself. I have not been able to live the life that I want. Who I am is socially unacceptable, so I have to hide everything that I like about myself. Who I appear to be relies on characteristics that make me highly uncomfortable. I feel like a slave in the sense that I don't feel free to be myself. My life doesn't feel like it is in my control. Ultimately, I don't see how I could possibly consider myself to be a happy individual.
 

Notes

Like I said, this was already addressed in my review of myself. To keep myself from completely devaluing this exercise, I did not refer to that review at all.
 

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped in your head regarding this exercise.

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHBmSFdpcEI1N0ozdUJWYkZWbFQwT0E6MA
Responses to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Agcdh--NHOS0dHBmSFdpcEI1N0ozdUJWYkZWbFQwT0E&output=html

No comments:

Post a Comment