Friday, May 15, 2015

Follow-up: How does the public you differ from the private you?

This exercise was originally posted at: http://maritimeorca0.blogspot.com/2015/04/how-does-public-you-differ-from-private.html

The Task

Answer the question: How does the public you differ from the private you?

There are differences to who people are at home and who they are around others. Try to figure out what these differences are for you.

As with all questions regarding who you are, this question is more challenging and more valuable if you are honest with yourself.


My Answer

At home, I live a mentally active lifestyle. I refuse to let others tell me what I think. My beliefs and opinions are my own.

Around others, I have a strong tendency to suppress. I act as though my beliefs and opinions fit the mainstream. I am somewhat vulnerable and perhaps gullible when it comes to the demands of others. I am essentially a doormat.

Notes

Looking at my answer, it really looks like I didn't have anything to add that I haven't said before. Perhaps part of the problem is that I'm doing some behind-the-scenes work that is temporarily increasing the time spent on these exercises. When I'm actually getting around to answering, I'm ready to take a break. Hopefully, my changes will help streamline things in the future and I will be able to provide better answers to these exercises.

Feel Free to Comment

Now that this exercise has concluded, feel free to share any thoughts that you had regarding results, your approach, and any other ideas that popped in your head regarding this exercise.

Upon completion of this exercise, please fill out the following form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cpRgEWkT_aZtRo0oePRtW62l9SgKYyBS7KexkP6WJIw/viewform?usp=send_form

Responses to the above form are collected and stored in a spreadsheet that can be viewed at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vK9IftByqBsR5HP3P6aNnOao7dwMSA4aO-P0mSKM-AA/pubhtml

No comments:

Post a Comment